November 19, 2021
All DayAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
International Men’s Day will fall on the same date it does every year – the 19th of November. One of the main reasons for International Men’s Day is to raise awareness for male suicide. The event has been running for a number of years and many charities run awareness campaigns around it.
What issues does International Men’s Day seek to address?
International Men’s Day seeks to address many different issues surrounding mens mental health. This is supported by men, women and organizations in over 60 countries across the globe. In Canada, the focus of the International Men’s Day supports raising the awareness of the following:
– The high male suicide rate across the world
– The educational challenges that face both men and boys at all stages of life
– Men’s health, their shorter life expectancy and the fact that they suffer from workplace deaths at a much higher rate than women
– Male violence, and the fact that males are also victims to things such as rape, sexual exploitation and domestic violence
– The challenges faced by men as parents, especially as single parents or parents that do not have a good relationship with the Mother of their children. There is also focus on Fathers rights
– Male survivors of violence or abuse, including domestic abuse
– The negative portrayal of men in the media and beyond. This includes male stereotypes that are used by well-known brands in advertising campaigns
Learn more at https://internationalmensday.com/