Interested in learning life-saving suicide prevention skills?
Suicide can be prevented. Anyone can help make a difference. CMHA BC Victoria offers LivingWorks’ suicide prevention workshops on a fee-for-service basis. These workshops are evidence-based, grounded in best practice and proven to be effective.
CMHA BC Victoria offers two levels of LivingWorks’ Suicide Prevention Training:
safeTALK (4 hours, in-person)
- Skills learned: How to recognize signs that someone might be thinking about suicide, engage them further, and connect them to an intervention resource for further support.
- Average cost per participant: $45/person (contact the CMHA BC Victoria Team for an exact quote)
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) (2 days, in-person)
- Skills learned: How to recognize signs that someone might be thinking about suicide, provide a skilled intervention, and develop a safety plan to keep someone alive.
- Average cost per participant: $300/person (contact the CMHA BC Victoria Team for an exact quote)
Looking to book a workshop for your workplace, community or other larger group?
If you and your group are unable to attend any of our upcoming workshops and/or want to look at hosting a training of your own, please contact the CMHA BC team at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our group booking inquiry form.
Not able to attend an in-person training? LivingWorks also offers LivingWorks Start, an online option that can be accessed directly through the LivingWorks website. LivingWorks Start is an entry-level course.
LivingWorks Start (90 minutes; online)
- Skills learned: how to recognize when someone is thinking about suicide and connect them to help and support.
- Average cost per participant: $39.95/person