September 7, 2023 to September 8, 2023
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
CMHA BC – Victoria Office
101-612 View St
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Workshop
September 7 & 8 2023 **
9:00am – 5:00pm
CMHA BC – Victoria Office (101-612 View St)
$295 per participant
**Please note that this workshop is two full days. You must attend both days to receive your certification.
THIS WORKSHOP IS NOW FULL – thank you for your interest! Future ASIST dates will be posted on our website as soon as possible.
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize
when someone may be at risk of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their
immediate safety. Although ASIST is widely used by healthcare providers, participants don’t need
any formal training to attend the workshop—ASIST can be learned and used by anyone aged 16+.
In the course of the two-day workshop, ASIST participants learn to:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
If you have any issues registering or have any questions, please contact the CMHA BC team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (778) 533-6472.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: we require that you contact us at minimum 72 hours before the workshop is scheduled to begin in order to cancel and refund your order. We will not be able to refund orders that are not cancelled within this time period. Thank you for your understanding.